This one day course provides a unique opportunity to listen to Professor Hakan Alfredson & Dr Lorenzo Masci from our Tendon Clinic, plus special guest Dr Seth O’Neil.
They aim to bring together the science and art of managing people with tendinopathy…
The day is primarily targeted to individuals treating patients with tendinopathy (Physiotherapists, Sports therapists, Osteopaths, Soft Tissue Therapists, Sports Physicians etc). The day will lead to a greater:
- Understanding of the aetiology of tendinopathy - tensile and compressive loads
- Awareness of risk factors for tendinopathy and how to target these
- Differential diagnoses of Achilles tendon pain including plantaris-associated Achilles tendinopathy
- Limitations of traditional imaging modalities in tendinopathy
- Novel imaging methods UTC and shearwave elastography in Achilles tendinopathy
- Understanding treatment options - particularly loading (isometrics, heavy loading and plyometrics) and load management and how to monitor plantarflexor function in the clinic
- Improved exercise “prescription” and recovery monitoring
- Understanding of why management can fail and how to prevent this
- What happens if treatment fails? How to manage the non-responder to loading
- Adjuncts to loading. Is there a role for injections or shockwave?
- Surgical management options - Which ones make sense?
- Complex patient examination and discussion