The post holder will have responsibility for facilitating a high level of cash-flow and minimise levels of overdue debt.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Collection of cash from individuals and resolution of account queries to specified timescales
- To achieve the weekly cash-collection targets set
- Ensure that appropriate contact is made at the earliest possible stage on overdue debts, in accordance with the Credit Control process
- Have regular customer contact by phone and email
- Answer queries and enquiries from customers within timeframes as set by the company.
- Liase with admin teams to ensure patient debt remains within targets
- Train admin teams as and when required in the area of credit control
- Use initiative and imagination to achieve targeted results, while promoting customer goodwill
- Ensure that payments are correctly allocated, to the appropriate account and against the appropriate invoice(s)
- Make referrals to and manage the relationship with debt collectors
- Responsible for ensuring that financial information is processed in accordance with company procedures and processes
- To build and develop relationships with main insurance companies
- To provide assistance with purchase ledger as required
- To provide assistance with other tasks as required within the Finance function
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer details and account records
- To attend finance meetings and document key information and decisions as required
- To plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- To create, develop and maintain accounting spreadsheets used in the Finance function
- To be able to work in a busy office environment, demanding high levels of concentration while inputting, checking and making calculations, while also coping with frequent interruptions, e.g. responding to staff and supplier enquires
- To identify and resolve errors and discrepancies
- Observe and maintain client confidentiality
- Attend staff meetings and company events as required
- Engage in the monthly review process with the Finance Manager
- Any other duties which may be required and agreed with the Company
The duties listed above may change in the light of developments within the Company and are subject to review.
Essential Personal Skills and Qualities
- Attention to detail
- An ability to self motivate, organise and prioritise own workload.
- An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
Desirable skills and qualities
- Self starter
- Motivated and focused
- Hard working
Hours: 32hrs a week to be carried out over 4 or 5 days
Responsible to: Finance Manager