We are looking to appoint a Soft Tissue Therapist on a full time basis, to be based clinically at one of our city clinics, and working as head of Soft Tissue Therapy across all 7 clinics, London.
Candidate will ideally have experience managing people, and be able to demonstrate a strong sense of patient management.
The individual will deliver high quality, personalised Soft Tissue Therapy sessions, utilising their assessment and communication skills to determine the best possible treatment plan to meet each client’s treatment goals. The successful candidate will maximise client care by working together and when necessary, referring amongst a multi-disciplinary team of professional health care practitioners.
This is an employed position requiring 8hrs of management time a week in addition to 30 hours clinical availability. We are willing to discuss flexible working and other work arrangements for the right candidate. There is a need for flexibility in the role, including travel to all clinics and occasional evening work to attend networking and events, outside of clinic times.
The successful post holder will have:
- A passion for driving clinical excellence and maintaining high standards in all aspects of patient care and service delivery at Pure Sports Medicine
- Excellent and current knowledge and skills pertaining to Soft Tissue Therapy including areas for development
- Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to communicate with their team regarding clinical issues and governance
- The ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Knowledge of the systems and processes that operate within the clinic with regards staff induction, appraisals, complaints and the introduction of new services
- Pension scheme
- CPD allowance and days
- Private medical insurance
- Company Sick Pay
Main duties and responsibilities #
1. Leadership & Management #
The Head of Soft Tissue Therapy will take a key Leadership and Management role within the business, providing direction and support to the Soft Tissue Therapy team working within the clinics. The expectations around Leadership and Management will include, but are not restricted to:
- Setting the standards for the behaviour and actions of the team within Pure
- Arranging monthly team meetings, to inform team of changes within Pure, to discuss and address issues of clinical care, service delivery, governance and to reaffirm the company values
- Conducting bi-monthly 1:1 sessions with each team member to discuss performance and address and issues or concerns
- Conducting annual staff appraisals with team members to review their personal and professional development and establish a plan for the next 12 months
- Signing off CPD for all members of the team ensuring it is in line with the individuals personal and professional development plan for the year
- Actively supporting the professional development of the team to ensure their practice is up to date and ensuring high quality patient care
- Ensuring each team members attends at least two peer review sessions per year
- Ensuring the Soft Tissue Therapy team are fully informed of any changes within Pure relevant to their work and that they are adequately trained for any new techniques / equipment used
- Attending senior management and leadership meetings
- Using own initiative to solve issues and problems, recognizing when input is required from others and ensuring that at all times the principles of the organisation are adhered to
- Acting within the clinic in a highly professional manner that reflects the values of the organisation
- Demonstrating a commitment to own development by undertaking regular learning activities, taking note of constructive feedback, and striving to improve personal performance
2. Clinical Governance #
The Head of Soft Tissue Therapy will play a crucial role in managing the Clinical Governance in relation to the Soft Tissue Therapy team. This will include but is not restricted to:
- Taking ownership of clinical governance of the team to ensure that standards are maintained at the highest level and patient care is clinically appropriate
- Investigating all complaints pertaining to the team and discussing with the Operations Manager for construction of an appropriate response to be reviewed by the Chief Clinical Officer.
- Reporting biweekly to the Chief Clinical Officer regarding clinical governance of the service; recruitment, notes audit, staff development and service development
- Conducting a quarterly audit of clinical records by members of the Soft Tissue Therapy team to check for accuracy and completeness as well as appropriateness of the advice provided
- Regularly reviewing the service offering by the Soft Tissue Therapy team at Pure Sports Medicine to improve patient care and treatment
- Assessing new equipment and training methods and its appropriateness / validity and then providing a recommendation to the Chief Clinical Officer regarding its implementation as part of the services offered at Pure
- Identifying new services and equipment to improve the service provision at PSM and providing a recommendation and justification to the Chief Clinical Officer
- Acting as an advocate for the Soft Tissue Therapy team on clinical issues and services to the Chief Clinical Officer.
3. Recruitment #
The Head of Soft Tissue Therapy is responsible for maintaining appropriate staffing levels for the Soft Tissue Therapy team. This will include but is not restricted to:
- Proactively recruiting new members of the Soft Tissue Therapy team, this will include advertising and meeting potential and interested applicants
- Conducting the first and second stage interviews
- Ensuring team members undergo an effective induction session specific to the requirements of the team
- Training team members in Company practices
Plus any other duties which may be required and agreed with the Company.
The duties listed above may change in the light of developments within the Company and are subject to review.
Main requirements #
- A Sports Massage qualification (minimum Level 4)
- Full membership to the Sports Massage Association.
- 2 years clinical experience working within a multi-disciplinary team of health
- Demonstrates an ability to analyse a range of sporting injuries and evaluate the requirements of massage
- To be able to exercise a professional duty of care in a safe environment
- To undertake self-directed learning, minimum of 40 hours CPD per year
- To follow the professional and personal code of conduct. To stay within own scope of practice and be able to make appropriate referrals.
- Commitment to Pure Sports Medicine for a minimum of 2 years
- Previous experience managing people
- Able to demonstrate strong sense of patient management
- Previous experience within a sporting or team environment
- Flexibility to provide occasional cover for other massage therapists
- Enthusiasm and passion for development your skills and aiding people in their return to health from injury
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a letter to Claire Small, Chief Clinical Officer, at claire.[email protected]puresportsmed.com, by the end of business on Monday July 4th, 2022. Interviews will be conducted between July 25th and 29th.