Qualified Management Accountant #
The Qualified Management Accountant will be responsible for analysing and processing financial information and producing timely monthly management accounts for the Board. They will also play a key role in the preparation of forecasts, analysing variances in performance, responding to staff and supplier queries, and providing information for the year end audit.
The successful candidate will be a high performing individual with excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and a track record of successfully working to tight deadlines.
Experience and attributes
- At least one year post qualified (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- Experience in a similar role with 2 – 3 years minimum experience in preparing management accounts
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- An ability to self-motivate, organise and prioritise own workload
- A ‘people person’ who is enthusiastic and approachable
- A proven ability to multi-task in a busy office environment — demonstrating high levels of concentration to complete key tasks quickly whilst coping with frequent interruptions
- Previous experience of the accounting software Quick books preferred
- An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Ensure that financial information is processed in accordance with company procedures and processes
- Produce monthly management accounts for two companies within specified timelines:
- Incorporate revenue figures into the accounts
- Incorporate wages costs including calculation of revenue based variable gross pay
- Gross profit analysis
- Accruals / pre-payments
- VAT writeback journal
- Inter-company reconciliation
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of Board Report commentary around any key variances
- Design and produce accounting reports from the clinical management cloud-based software
- Create, develop and maintain accounting spreadsheets used in the Finance function
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
- Analyse basic financial information in response to queries from Managers, suppliers and customers
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure the contribution to the monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Identify and resolve errors and discrepancies
- Engage in the monthly management accounts review process with the Finance Manager
- Process intercompany sales invoices
- Assist with production of annual budgets / forecasts for two companies
- Review actuals v budgets with budget holders
- Provide finance related training to admin team members as and when required
- Liaise with and provide information to auditors during year end audits
- Assist with daily cashflow
- Assist with quarterly vat returns for two companies
- Attend finance meetings and document key information and decisions as required
- Attend staff meetings and company events as required
- Assist other members of the Finance Team as and when required
- Observe and maintain strict staff and patient confidentiality
- Quick books sales ledger and credit control (cover only)
- Produce monthly billings for freelance practitioners within agreed timeframe (cover only)
Leadership & Management
- Opportunity to manage two individuals in the finance function once settled into the role
- Strong leadership skills and motivational qualities required
- Direct staff supervision experience preferred
Any other duties which may be required and agreed with the Company.
The duties listed may change in light of developments within the organisation and are subject to review.
Full Time post: 40 hours / week, Monday to Friday. Normal hours are 09.00−18.00 with 1 hour for lunch. Some unsociable and extended hours may be required.
Business Function: Finance
Reports to: Finance Manager
Salary: Competitive, based on experience.
Annual leave: 23 days plus bank holidays
To apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover Letter to Kirsty Grigg Kirsty.[email protected]puresportsmed.com.